Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tillie Turns 1

The spread
Cupcakes made by my good friend and so yummy!
It only took my about 3 weeks after the party to follow up with the blog post. Maybe that is because I am in denial that my sweet baby girl has actually turned 1. It's official. She is a toddler and no longer an infant. As sad as it makes me to say that, I know that the future only brings even more happy times. I can't wait to watch this little girl grow!


I spent hours upon hours making 16 of these little top hats so of course I made everyone wear them!



The progression of Tillie's month photos



Opening presents



Tillie loved all her presents but this kitty was the big winner. She goes everywhere. It's only been a few weeks and the kitty's face is already a dingy brown color.


The mad hatter, queen of hearts and Alice!


First of many cakes to come, made by Daddy




She loves her new recliner from mommy and daddy. My mom brought me this dress a few days before the party. It is the same dress I wore on my first birthday. Could it be any more "Alice"?

The party was many hours of work in the making, but it was a huge success! She had so much fun! Everyone says that she won't remember her first birthday anyway. Maybe that is true, but I will remember. And we have the pictures to show for it. One day, she will ask about her first birthday and I will sit down with her and show her all of the decorations, the cake, the presents and the people who came to celebrate with us. That makes it all worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful time. Tillie is so loved! She will always carry that happiness and confidence from being loved by you even if she doesn't have the specific early memories.
    Everyone loved seeing her on Sunday at the Appreciation Tea, too. Camille, Thelma, and others told me how they enjoyed her.

    ReplyDelete